Thank you for your interest in the Commitment to Community Awards. At this time nominations are no longer being accepted.
The purpose of the Commitment to Community Awards is to recognize and honor significant accomplishments of individuals, organizations, and businesses who value individuals with disabilities as important contributors to their communities. This event applauds the commitment of our honorees and provides visibility and recognition for their leadership and vision.
We are seeking nominations of individuals, organizations or businesses that possess three or more of the following criteria:
- Inspires others to get involved, takes responsibility, or assumes leadership roles to make positive changes for individuals with disabilities
- Welcomes diversity of ability, age and culture
- Encourages and educates others to the value of supporting and respecting individuals with disabilities
- Impacts the lives of others through positive actions
- Is a proven leader who collaborates well with other groups
- Seeks to accommodate and include all community members
- You may nominate one individual or organization per category.
- Please, no self-nominations.
- Individuals or organizations nominated in more than one award category may be considered under only the most fitting category, per the discretion of the awards selection committee.
To nominate an individual, organization or business, please fill out the nomination application and answer each question as specifically as you can about the business, organization or individual and their contributions or achievements. Pictures of individuals or projects are welcome with the submission.
We encourage you to view the past C2C Awards recipients prior to submitting a nomination form.
Please submit nominations by August 4, 2017.
BUILDING BRIDGES AWARD
The Building Bridges award recognizes a candidate that understands the value of inclusiveness in a community and works to enhance the individual perspectives and contributions of all community members.
OPENING DOORS AWARD
The Opening Doors award recognizes a candidate who has increased opportunities for individuals with disabilities to access their communities. This inclusiveness fosters a sense of belonging and being value for who we are.
PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS AWARD
Working together to realize shared goals is the heart of the Plays Well with Others award. It recognizes a candidate who has shown outstanding leadership by bringing together community partners to enhance the lives of individuals with disabilities.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
This award honors an individual at or nearing the end of a career for his or her lifetime contribution to enriching the lives of individuals with disabilities. The recipient of the Lifetime Achievement award embraces the values of inclusion, collaboration and advocacy.